Sites and solutions
Testing and knowledge building
IMPETUS has demonstration sites in 7 of Europe’s 11 biogeographical regions, as defined by the European Environment Agency. In these sites, our project teams are:
- testing various relevant technologies and nature-based solutions that will mitigate the local impacts of climate change;
- engaging with local communities, policy-makers and businesses in co-creation of knowledge, policies and innovative approaches relevant to their situation;
- encouraging ‘ownership’ of adaptation measures by local stakeholders so they sustain activities after IMPETUS project ends;
- gathering knowledge about scientific, technical, social and policy developments in local ‘Resilience Knowledge Booster’ (RKB) hubs;
- knowledge sharing at local and regional level through events, learning materials, promotional activities etc. centred around the RKBs.
IMPETUS results will be further disseminated and amplified by:
- coordinating with related projects;
- interconnecting the RKBs with other active communities and organisations to share lessons learned more widely across Europe.